Today was a four egg day. But I have my suspicions that it wasn't the four big girls who layed. Sunflower layed another monster egg this morning, and Red was in the box when I opened the coop up this morning. Red's egg isn't in the photo because I used it for cookies today. When I went out just now to close the window, I checked for eggs and found 2. One looked like Hermoine's, the other was...small. And odd shaped.
I think one of our baby birds layed her first egg. I just wish I knew which one. If I had to guess, I'd say it was Halo, our Rhode Island Red. She has the biggest comb and waddle of the four little ones. Thankfully, whichever one it is, she knows where to do her business. It was in a box, and not in the run or the floor of the coop. Yay!!
No comments:
Post a Comment