Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It's a Conspiracy

The chickens have even got the wind into the act of vandalism.

The other day we left for a while to go put some money down on some goats. (We'll get into that later)  When we came back I headed out to check on things.  As I approached the greenhouse I saw a chicken, then another, then another.  Little buggers.  The wind had picked up a little and had blown the gate open a little.  Just enough for a few chickens to get out.  Hubby came out behind me and we rounded up the chickens back into their area.  Then we turned around to survey the damage.

 And this is the decent looking one.  They munched one down to a stub.  There was bits of lettuce carnage everywhere.  One of the chickens had made it to the other side of the greenhouse and started in on the cabbage.

This was today.  The wind picked up again and like the other day, the latch was not secured.
This time most of the birds got to join in the fun.  Most of them were hanging out in the upper deck bean area.  One of them hit the cauliflower.  I had to get out the herding stick of doom to corral them.  I haven't used that thing for quite a while.

Now I just need to be sure that I latch the gate every time I go out there.  At least until the wind finds somewhere else to blow.

No comments:

Post a Comment