Friday, March 9, 2012

March

The garden is needing work, but today I am tired.... It has been a long couple of weeks at work and I have been able to put the energy that I need too. The planters are made and half of the have veggies growing but the veg is really needing some fertilizers and breaking up of the upper soil. The seedlings have really started to show signs of growth but the yard is just in disarray. It is tough for me and Em, because we want the kids to enjoy the yard and to help us get the things done that need to be taken care of. We spread the work out over days and weekends but it still never seems to get to the point where the garden and it needs are met. Day after day the garden is found with more pests (kids included) eating or attacking the veggies. The leafs of what are growing seem to show that they need something, everything points to phosphorus but it is like the generations before me that just knew. I am unsure of what to give them, in what quantities, and how often, so I find myself ferociously searching the information that is on the web to further my knowledge on the new/discovered techniques of desert gardening.

I have a bright idea to make a network of raised planters in las Vegas, that when fully operational and working will become the largest CSA. It will take the planter information and what is growing and combine it with all the other and then all the items be divided amongst all the people that are using the beds. But in order for this to work it has to first start with our little garden and perfecting the techniques.

Posted via DraftCraft app

No comments:

Post a Comment